Thursday, June 11, 2009

Liberty Makes The Front Page

Imagine my surprise when I glanced at the front page of the Noroeste, one of Mazatlan's daily papers (there are at least three) and saw my boat in the same photo with the President of Mexico.

I was on the boat at the time and knew el Presidente was just across the way near the Chihuahua Star - the ferry that runs daily to La Paz. I heard the military bands followed by cannon fire and popped my head out the hatch to see the smoke. I didn't count but it could have been a 21 gun salute. The occasion was El Dia De Marinas.


If you look at the photo you'll see President Calderon near the center of the photo. He's the one without a hat. And Liberty is in the upper right. The sailboat with the dark blue hull.

Pretty cool huh? I could have lived in Mexico forever and not had a photo of my boat with the President of the country. Instead it only took six months.

No comments:

Post a Comment